World Health Day 2023
As we celebrate World Health Day, it’s important to recognise that health encompasses not only physical fitness but also mental wellbeing. Taking care of our bodies and minds is crucial to leading a fulfilling and balanced life. In this blog post, we will explore a workout plan and meditation practice that can help improve both your physical and mental health.
This article will guide you through achieving holistic health. We’ve included a workout plan and meditation for improved mental and physical wellbeing on World Health Day.
Workout Plan for Physical Wellbeing:
Regular physical activity is essential for maintaining good health. Exercise not only helps to strengthen muscles and improve cardiovascular health, but it also boosts mood, reduces stress, and improves sleep. Here’s a simple workout plan that you can incorporate into your daily routine:
- Cardiovascular Exercise: Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise, such as brisk walking, jogging, cycling, or swimming, every week. This can be divided into 30 minutes of exercise on most days of the week.
- Strength Training: Include strength training exercises, such as weight lifting or bodyweight exercises like push-ups, squats, and lunges, at least twice a week. Strength training helps to build and maintain muscle mass, which is important for overall physical function and metabolism.
- Flexibility and Balance Exercises: Include exercises that improve flexibility and balance, such as yoga or tai chi, at least two to three times a week. These types of exercises help to improve posture, flexibility, and stability, which can prevent falls and injuries.
Remember to always consult with your healthcare provider before starting any new exercise program, especially if you have any underlying health conditions.
Meditation for Mental Wellbeing:
In addition to physical exercise, taking care of our mental health is equally important. Meditation is a powerful tool that can help reduce stress, improve concentration, and promote overall mental wellbeing. Here’s a simple meditation practice that you can incorporate into your daily routine:
- Find a quiet and comfortable space: Choose a place where you can sit or lie down comfortably without any distractions.
- Focus on your breath: Close your eyes and take slow, deep breaths. Pay attention to the sensation of the breath as it enters and leaves your body. Let go of any thoughts or distractions and simply focus on your breath.
- Practice mindfulness: As you continue to breathe deeply, bring your awareness to the present moment. Notice any sensations in your body, any sounds around you, and any thoughts or emotions that arise, without judgment.
- Cultivate positive emotions: As you practice mindfulness, also try to cultivate positive emotions, such as gratitude, compassion, and loving-kindness. You can silently repeat positive affirmations or send well wishes to yourself and others.
- Continue for a few minutes: Continue to practice mindful breathing and cultivate positive emotions for at least 5-10 minutes or longer if you wish.
Incorporating regular meditation into your routine can have profound effects on your mental wellbeing, helping you to manage stress, improve focus, and cultivate a positive mindset.
In conclusion, achieving holistic health requires taking care of both our physical and mental wellbeing. On this World Health Day, let’s commit to incorporating a workout plan and meditation practice into our daily routine to improve our overall health and wellbeing. Remember to always consult with your healthcare provider before starting any new exercise or meditation program, and make self-care a priority in your life. Here’s to a healthier and happier you! Happy World Health Day!